Looking for a healthy drink that taste good AND something your kids will drink?
I made this the other day and it was all of those things!
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1-2 frozen (organic) bananas
- 1 Tablespoon Organic (Raw) Cacao Powder
- Small handful of ice
Blend and enjoy!
- Blueberries or Raspberries
- Chia Seeds
*You can use milk, and the bananas don’t have to be frozen, but that will help make it more shake-like consistency. Stay tuned for a future post on the different types of milks, as well as a homemade Almond Milk recipe.
Why are those ingredients healthy?
- does not come from an animal
- lactose free
- low in calories
- contains vitamins and nutrients, such as potassium, Vitamin E, Omega 3’s, calcium, vitamin D, Riboflavin (Vit B2) iron, magnesium, copper,
selenium, zinc, antioxidants
- does not need to be refrigerated
Bananas: Click this link to read this article about benefits of bananas. But, something to keep in mind, bananas are higher in sugar than say, raspberries or blueberries.
- High in potassium, yet almost void of sodium
Cacao: try buying the raw, organic brands
Note, it is still chocolate, but IF and when you are craving chocolate, eating cacao in it’s rawest form offers benefits than the processed chocolate that is in most sweets.
- Cacao is the unprocessed form of cocoa
- contains antioxidants
Check out my previous post to see how to make your own Homemade Cacao Syrup
- Contains Omega 3’s, fiber, antioxidants, Calcium, phosphorous, magnesium
- Can help you feel fuller
- Can help manage your blood sugar
*See previous post for more info on chia